Friday, April 2, 2010

Statsraad Lehmkuhl

These pictures of The Statsraad Lehmkuhl were taken on July 12th 2009.  She is about to dock at her home port in Bergen. She is a three-masted barque rigged sail training vessel. I have seen her a few times before, but never while holding a camera.

I liked the generation gap between the two ships, the identical white paint and the windows which almost look like some kind of perforation going through the picture. Usually I would prefer a blue sky, since I am never around when there is one, but in this particular picture, I think a blue sky would distract to much away from the ships and what I want others to see.

Picture #1 Automatic
F-stop f/6.3
Exposure time 1/320
ISO-800
Focal length 300
Picture #2 Automatic
F-stop f/6.3
Exposure time 1/160
ISO-800
Focal length 70

Here is the link to the homepage for The Statsraad Lehmkuhl. You can choose between the languages Norwegian and English.
 And here is what Wikipedia has to say. You can choose a preferred language further down on the page.

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful sailing ship. I especially like the shot showing the detail in the bow.

    ReplyDelete